Saturday, October 22, 2011

Book Review #5 [Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter]



--
Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from the Ethan Frome Academy, a covert training center for boys. Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes dangerously awry when a series of security breaches are discovered at the academy. Worse yet, teenage agent-in-training Cammie is being blamed for the penetration. With the school's top-secret status at risk, the Gallagher Girls have to work quickly to save their beloved school. Girl sleuths with nice asides on youthful crushes.


--

And, were back with another installment of the Gallagher Girl series book #2! 

We return back to Cammie's life after her not so satisfying ending with dear old Josh. But, that doesn't mean the obstacles stop there! A new secret is revealed in book number 2~ Blackthorn Academy! What? What is this school? Is it similar to Cammie's school? Well, the answer is yes....and no. But don't worry! I'm not revealing anything serious, because the secret of this school won't be revealed until later in the series. 


Similar, to the first book Cammie has to deal with boy problems again. I assure you though this guy is WAYYYYY better, trust me. His name is Zach. He's your typical annoying, over confident, arrogant yet charming I-can't-stop-thinking-about-you-and-it-drives-me-crazy type of guy. We find out he's similar to Cammie in more than one ways ;)
Zach drives Cammie up the walls, which drives them closer together. Along with their respective friends, they work together to deal with problems happening in Gallagher Academy. Questions get answered by more questions, which gets Cammie and us as readers questioning certain people's motives.

I mentioned in the review for the first book that the series gets better once you get to the second book, and it's true! Though I have to admit most of that is because of Zach (lol)





Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Nice review:) I had a blast on the WW read-a-thon this weekend and I am now following you. Would love it if you followed my book review blog.
    http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/
    @kimbacaffeinate

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...