Friday, November 4, 2011



This Friday's Question:

Gateway Books: Which particular books opened you up to a new genre? 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Twilight was - believe it or not - the very first book I bought. When it came to books I only read them if they were assigned to me in school, never for leisurely pleasure like now. I had never read any young adult books or YA books of a supernatural twist in general. I loved Twilight I did. The idea of it all. Forbidden love. *swoon*. Albeit now I don't so much. Even so, I'm grateful in a way because if it wasn't for the hype of Twilight I often read or heard about I'd probably would have never started my own book blog, let alone leading me to actual like going to the book store. The horror!




Hunger Games! -screams- This series my dear friends is what got me started on - even now- one of my favorite genres. YA dystopian! I, absolutely LOVED the idea of a young adult dystopian book. To be honest, I never heard of it before this book. (I was a serious noobie, please have mercy on my ignorance then.) I was caught up in the world of Panem, the struggles Katniss and the others had to go through. The thought of one normal, average girl inadvertently changing her world.

Another book would be:

Mercy Thompson Series - it got me interested in the Urban Fantasy/ Paranormal Romance genre. One of my favorite genres and series. (Where's my book # 7 Patricia Briggs?!)



What about you guys? What book got you interested in a new genre?

3 comments:

  1. Hunger Games is definitely an eye opener!! Happy Friday :)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunger Games was my first dystopian read too - is it any wonder that I love that genre so much now? :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love paranormal romance, though I haven't done that series. And the Hunger Games is just amazing. I have yet to have someone dislike those books!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...