Monday, April 23, 2012

Book Review #20 [Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout]

There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

----
 (reviewing this book because it made me way emotional)

I bring you the second book in the Covenant series - Pure. Following the first book of the series Half Blood (I will be very emotional with this review, excuse me.)
 

We have Alex our hot-head heroine - Aiden, the loyal warrior - Seth our arrogant, playful second lead.
Pretty much starting off where the last one started, things get very tense between the Pures and the Half-Bloods. And, Alex gets caught in the middle of it.

She's still pretty much the same hot-headed and reckless chick she was in Half-Blood. A surprise was that we got ALOT of Seth in this book. When he was first introduced in the first book he came off as very stoic and cold. But, I loved that in this new one we see different sides to him. (and just so you know I'm totally Team Seth. >.>)

Aiden. *sigh* Aiden. What can I say? Dude, you were so wishy-washy here that I was just a bit turned off. I mean it's either this or that. I MEAN MAKE UP YOUR MIND!  See, Pures and Half Bloods together is a big no-no. Aiden is a pure; Alex is a H.B. I understood the consequences (if they were to really get together) as it was shown in a certain scene. But, even so Aiden you can not do what you constantly did to Alex all up and down this book. Push and pull, push and pull.....I mean, EITHER MAN UP OR SHUT UP.


*deep breath* 
 

*warning Seth-induced fangirling beginning*

I LOVE SETH. THE POOL SCENE. AND THE CUDDLE BUNNY SCENES. /faints  Seth was absolutely perfect in this book, I don't care what anyone says. Hmph.

I'll be honest I'd love it if Alex and Seth end up together. But, let's be real, hmm? Since when do the main girls EVER end up with the second lead guy -- who by the way is usually the one always there for her, but noooo yet she picks stoic oh-I-can't-be-with-you-but-I-love-you-so-I'll-confuse-you-here-and-there guy....LOL



Anyway, the next book is Deity and we will see the consequences following closer to the reveal of everyone's destiny/secrets. Now, as a certified Seth-lover I feel like I'm setting myself up for pain and heartbreak when this ride is over. And, I fucking hate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...