Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Book Review #25 [Rock Chick Reckoning by Kristen Ashley]





Stella’s the lead singer and lead guitarist of the Blue Moon Gypsies and Stella used to be Mace’s girl. Mace broke up with her though and the loss of him rocked her world. But Stella gets a call, late at night (again) from one of the members of her crazy band. She has to go play clean up (again) and runs into Mace (and a shed load of police) and ends up getting shot.

Mace finds he doesn’t like it much that his ex-girlfriend got shot, right in front of him but it’s worse. A very bad man has thrown down the gauntlet and ALL the Rock Chicks are in the firing line. Stella doesn’t want Mace to be the one to keep her alive but she has no choice… mainly because Mace isn’t giving her one.

----
 
So, I decided to start putting up reviews for other books I read that are far very far from YA world more often. And, I'm starting with this - Rock Chick Reckoning by Kristen Ashley. Let me start by saying this is the SIXTH book in the series not the first. Weird, I know. But, I decided to take my time to read this series and not in order. It's told from multiple POVS, but don't worry you never get confused. At least, I didn't.

[The low down? The Rock Chick series consists of sassy, fiery, STUBBORN women (Rock Chicks)  and their uber SEXY ,annoying, bossy alpha males (Hot Bunch) who get themselves involved in whirlwind adventures with guns, kidnappings, etc..]

Reckoning is Stella and Mace's story. Stella is the leader of a rock band in their hometown. While Mace is one of the private investigators in Nightingale Investigations. Stella is fiery, she's stubborn (-________-) and I gotta say somewhat wishy-washy. There were moments (and I mean MOMENTS!) were I was like "REALLY, STELLA PLEASE PROCEED TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOU ASS AND OPEN YOUR EYES!"...and then there were moments where I was like "Oh, okay okay. You alright." Because of her, I didn't enjoy this story and I had hoped but there was a light...


You get me? (sidebar: If you read, Kristen Ashley books before, you know where that phrase comes from. XD).
Mace, on the other hand, talk about sexyyyyyy *faints* Whew~ I loved Mace but he wasn't without his faults of course. Mace showed signs of seriously losing his temper a lot, but the reasons are explained. And, I gotta say what he had to go through. Damn. I'm surprised dude can continue living sanely. 


Let's talking about Stella and Mace's relationship. Both are broken, both are frustrating, both are stubborn, both needs a good slap but they fit well like a puzzle and healed one another. I'll be honest not a huge fan of this couple especially Stella she was too stupid sometimes that I just wanted...SFDNVJDVLSDHNGIOHEGN! 


*breathes* But, still I won't make rash judgement and choose them as my fav couple because there's at least 5 more to go. Besides, these two we get a whole barn full of wacked out characters. My favorites so far are: Tex, Luke, Lee, Jet, Vance. And, I'm serious when I say this cast IS FREAKING CRAZY! AND I LOVE IT! Man, if I ever had a chance to hang out with them...esp the boys. *wink wink*


I know this series is filled with TSTL main ladies. (too stupid too live) getting into situations where you find yourself sighing SO MUCH. But, I'll hold back the impatience & ride this wave 'till the end. Until, the next Rock Chick book...


Rock On!

Rating: 3/5

Quote:
"Tex! Stop saying 'fuck' so loud!" screamed Indy

"Fuck" screamed Tex. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" 

LMAO I love Tex. best ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...