Monday, July 9, 2012

Book Review #26 [Rock Chick Renegade by Kristen Ashley]




Jules has got a score to settle against the drug dealers of Denver. Vance has made it his mission that Jules won’t get dead while dishing out vigilante justice. Jules doesn’t have time for romance, she’s too busy saving the world and she enlists Zip (the gunstore owner), Heavy (an ex-PI) and Frank (a mysterious recluse) to help.

The Rock Chicks of Fortnum’s Bookstore get involved to provide romantic advice and guidance, none of which Jules accepts at first. The Hot Bunch of Nightingale Investigations adopt Jules as one of their own. Even though Jules tries to hang on to her inner Head Crackin’ Mamma Jamma, the Rock Chicks; Hot Bunch; Jules’s long-suffering Uncle Nick; Jules’s friend the rotund, African-American, Jackie-O wannabe, May; and especially Vance will stop at nothing to wear her down.

But Jules makes some bad guys pretty angry and one is dedicated to taking her out. Vance and the Hot Bunch have to pull out all the stops to keep her alive. At the same time, Jules and Vance learn the true meaning of home but once they find this precious entity they’ve been searching for all their lives, will Jules’s enemies tear it away?


----

And, were back with another Rock Chick adventure in Rock Chick Renegade. In this story, we follow Jules Lawson aka "The Law" and her quest to clean up the streets of Denver. As a social worker, Jules is very much attached to the kids she takes care of. So, when one of them ends up dead because of taking drugs; she starts a personal vendetta against the dealers. Now, I say this with love but Jules is - well to me - the only Rock Chick that is capable of defending herself. For obvious, reasons of course. She knows how to handle a gun and she can kick some serious ass. I, direct your attention to the club scene when she was with the other girls and one of Vance's old hook-ups show up. HOT DAMN JULES WAS ON FIREEE~~. She laid down the Law. hehe

Now, one night during her patrol she comes across resident Hot Bunch Guy- Vance Crowe. *SWOONS*  Do you hear the angels singing? Because I do every time this hot piece of  I DON'T EVEN KNOW walks on to the scene. All Native American with his long black hair, brown eyes, not to mention his mischievous shit-eating grin.....whoooo someone hold me. Vance is third in command at Nightingale Investigations right after Luke Stark (who you will meet later on :D). He's the best tracker there is, but has a criminal record as well. Arrested for grand theft auto, he changes when he meets Lee. Like every other alpha male in existence and similar to his fellow Hot Bunch brothers, Vance is very protective of the people he cares for and Jules is no exception. So, when she gets in trouble he's on the case!

Despite the sighs, rolling of the eyes, and the "REALLY?!" moments I had while reading this, I enjoyed this. Laughter was expected because I knew the same old antics and secondary characters would make an apperance again. There was some rocky road between the two when another Hot Bunch boy comes for some time, but it all worked out in the end.

But, there was a scene where I was shocked. Something happens to Jules towards the end, and it gives me feelings. Like, I don't know whether I should beat the crap out of her or hug her and never let go. I mean damn.

Is this the end? Uh NOPE. There are more Rock Chick adventures coming your way!

Rating: 4.2/5

Quote: (when Jules first meets one of Vance's old hook-up. LOL. warning: kind of long BUT READING IT TRUST ME YOU'LL LOVE IT. :D)

"Have you slept with Vance?' I asked, even though I knew.

She learned forward with a catty smile. "It was the best night of my goddamned life."

"It's good you'll have that memory." I stated calmly as if I was truly happy for her.

"You bitch!" she screamed. Then she came at me, hand out probably to grab my hair.

I was getting that opening a lot these days. I planned my feet, caught her wrist and flipped her on her back on the floor without barely moving.

Vance did move. He has his wallet out and threw some money on the table. Everyone was staring now most of them had turned to us enjoying the show.

I took a step toward her so I was looking down at her. "Stay away from Vance." I warned.

She was struggling to get up. "Fuck you!"

"That's Vance's job," I retorted.

Vance had me around the waist and was pulling me toward the door as Jackie made it to her feet. "I won't forget this!" she yelled.

"I hope not!" I yelled back at her, fighting against Vance's arm. "That way, next time you'll keep your fucking mouth shut or you won't find it so easy to get up!"

The moment I fell for Jules. LMAO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...